The Invent School Program (ISP) serves as a platform for the youth to awaken their true ingenuity by stimulating their interest for creativity and inventiveness. The Program involves a two-day seminar-workshop for elementary, high school and college students. This seminar-workshop is designed to open the minds of students on techniques in developing ones’ creative knowledge which is crucial in invention and prototype development as a crucial starting ground for young Filipino inventors.
Involves the conduct of a two-day seminar/workshop for high school and college students and out-of-school youth in cooperation with inventors’ groups, LGUs and NGOs to stimulate students’ interest in creativity and inventiveness and create awareness on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and Protection. The program provides an opportunity for students/OSY not only to develop their creativity and potentials but also to awaken their true ingenuity, leading to the development of devices and processes that will become their enterprises. ISP serves as a starting ground for young Filipino inventors in the field of inventing and entrepreneurship.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS):
1. What is Invent School program?
The Invent School Program is a trademarked program of the Technology Application and Promotion Institute to serve as a platform for the youth to awaken their true ingenuity by stimulating their interest for creativity and inventiveness.
2. What are the objectives of the Program?
- To inculcate creative thinking and bring about inventiveness among students to entice them to pursue activities leading to creativeness in solving problems in industrial applications;
- To create students awareness on Intellectual Property Rights and Protection;
- To undertake a training for students to awaken their creativity and inventiveness with inclination to prototype development and entrepreneurship;
- To promote and establish new young inventors’ associations/clubs that are expected to intensify inventive activities in the campuses; and
- To encourage students to pursue science-related courses leading to a career that would make them professional inventors and scientists in the future.
3. Who are the target participants for ISP?
Elementary pupils, High School and College students.
4. What is the coverage of the Invent School seminar-workshop?
Invent School usually covers topics on Creativity, creative Thinking, Ideation Tools and Techniques. Invention Development, Prototyping and Awareness, Prior Arts Search and Basic Patent Drafting.
5. How do we conduct Invent School?
Invent School offers seminar workshops for elementary, high school and college students, which are designed to open young minds on techniques in developing ones creative knowledge that is crucial in invention and prototype development as starting ground for young Filipino inventors. The number of student-participants shall be limited to 40-50 students. Student-participant shall be accompanied by
6. How to avail the Invent School?
A letter request shall be addressed to the TAPI Director attaching the project proposal and endorsement letter from DOST Regional Offices.