The IBID Program supports the development of viable inventions through application and adaption to existing industry practices, and the production of the commercial prototype of the invention to be installed in the actual operations. The collaborative undertaking among TAPI, the inventor, and the adopter involves testing, debugging and other refinements for the invention as placed in a real working environment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS):
1. What is the IBID Program?
The IBID Program involves technical and financial assistance for the fabrication of a commercial prototype model for adoption, demonstration, instruction and testing purposes of inventions, utility models and industrial designs.
2. What are the objectives of the program?
The Program aims to encourage the development of new and working technologies by providing technical and financial assistance in the fabrication of a commercial prototype, hasten technology transfer of inventor-generated technologies, address gaps that inhibit the translation of invention into economic and social benefits, and promote the utilization of locally developed technologies and innovations.
3. How much is the financial assistance and what are the terms?
Subject to availability of funds, the Program shall provide financial assistance in the form of grant amounting to up to P350,000 to cover the raw materials, devices, tools, and fabrication services for one (1) unit of the commercial prototype. Any amount in excess of P350,000.00 shall be the proponent’s counterpart.
4. Who can avail the assistance?
The proponent shall satisfy the following:
- Any male or female Filipino citizen pursuant to Republic Act 7192 on Women in Development and Nation Building Act;
- Permanently residing in the Philippines;
- Must have P/UM/ID that has valid patent/registration one (1) year from the time of the submission of the proposal and at least one (1) year from the time of approval for P/UM/ID with certificates issued by the IPOPHL;
- Must have P/UM/ID with active status (i.e not withdrawn or forfeited) at the time of the submission of the proposal for P/UM/ID with pending registration at the IPOPHL;
- Of good moral character or has not been convicted of any case involving moral turpitude; and
- With no delinquent account with TAPI.
5. What are the requirements to be submitted?
- Application letter with template in “Annex A” duly signed by the proponent addressed to the TAPI Director with postal address and full contact details preferably with active email address;
- Signed Data Privacy Consent Form (Annex “B”);
- Photos and/or videos of a crude working prototype;
- Copy of the active and valid P/UM/ID application/registration papers
- for P/UM/ID with pending registration at the IPOPHL – copy of the P/UM/ID application with IPOPHL stamp and a copy of the most recent office action from the IPOPHL, if applicable;
- for P/UM/ID with issued certificate from the IPOPHL – copy of the P/UM/ID certificate;
- Copy of the Deed of assignment filed at the IPOPHL in favor of the individual Project if the proponent is not the applicant per IP application;
- Duly signed Proposal following the prescribed format (Annex “C”);
- Quotations for items in the line-item budget (LIB);
- Certification of Residency and/or Barangay Clearance;
- Personal bio-data; and
- Valid government-issued ID.
6. What are the criteria for evaluation?
1. Technical Viability
- Technical soundness of the invention based on existing scientific principles: 30%
- Will the invention work as designed and claimed in the IP?
- Are the specific parts of the invention made of materials suited for the design?
- Availability of a working model in accordance to its filed IP: 20%
- Stage of development of the invention: 20%
- Invention must have passed the R&D stage.
- Does it need further testing?
2. Market Potential
- Advanced features of the invention over existing product with the same functions: 10%
- Reasonable fabrication cost 10%
3. Compliance to any regulatory bodies i.e DENR, FDA, LTO, etc., environmental and/or any applicable laws and standards – 5%
4. Socio-economic benefits - 5%
7. For clarifications and/or more information please contact the following:
Ms. Janeth C. Vidal
Program Manager, Senior Science Research Specialist
Telephone Number: (+632) 8 837-2071 to 82, local 2166