The Invention Testing and Laboratory Analyses Assistance Program grants a financial assistance to male and female technologists, inventors, and researchers needing laboratory services for analyses and performance testing. TAPI endorses the program clients to the laboratories of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) system, such as those in Research and Development Institutes (RDIs), regional offices, and even other government agencies equipped with laboratory and testing facilities.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS):
1. What is Invention Testing and Laboratory Analyses Assistance Program?
The program aims to assist male and female technologists, inventors, and researchers avail laboratories and the facilities of RDIs, including regional offices and other government agencies, offices and instrumentalities, in order to test, verify, evaluate the functionality of the invention, the suitability of its materials, components and design the safety and conduciveness of the product for public use (Article IV, Sec. 8 of R.A. 7459).
The program provides financial assistance in the form of a grant to cover the cost laboratory testing analyses, including performances testing to be undertaken by the DOST RDIs or other accredited testing laboratories / institutions.
2. How much is the grant of financial assistance?
- Maximum of Php 50,000.00 – If technology/invention is at the final stage of R&D, e.g. validation of claims on the invention / technology;
- Maximum of Php100,000.00 – If technology/invention is already in the commercialization stage.
3. Who are eligible for the assistance?
- Filipino male and female technologists, inventors and researchers residing in the Philippines.
- Must be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any case involving moral turpitude;
- Must have no delinquent account with TAPI; and
- The product/device/technology should have at least a pending patent application at the IPO Philippines
or with due endorsement from DOST-TAPI IPR Assistance Program.
4. What are the requirements to be submitted?
- Highlights of project study/proposal indicating the purpose(s) for which such analyses are needed;
- Copy of Letters Patent or copy of patent application. If none yet, an endorsement from the Program Manager of IPR Assistance that the product/device/technology was assisted by the IPRAP and/or was already filed at the IPOPhil for patent or utility model registration;
- Brief inventor and/or business profile;
- Proof of sales, if applicable, and;
- Samples of testing to be submitted upon request of the institutes in-charge for the testing.
5. Are all test/s covered by the program?
No. For medicinal plant drugs/medicines, pre-clinical tests (using animals) and clinical tests (using live humans) are not covered by the program.
6. For clarifications and/or more information please contact the following:
Mr. Roberto R. Verzosa
Program Manager, Senior Science Research Specialist
Telephone Number: (+632) 8 837-2071 to 82, local 2166