The IPR Assistance Program provides assistance in securing intellectual property (IP) protection by TAPI pursuant to E.O. No. 128. The Program offers a holistic package of assistance for patent, utility model, industrial design, copyright and trademark applications for private individual inventors, various institutions, and researcher with privately funded R&D. It also encourages creative research and inventive activities and investments in research and development by securing, for the inventors, the protection of appropriate IP rights and interests related to their inventions; and facilitates technology transfer.
- Five (5) copies of the duly accomplished application form and Affidavit of Ownership (see attached) in legal size bond paper.
- Deed of Assignment, if the copyright owner is different from the author(s) per existing IP policy.
- Two (2) electronic copies in CDs or send to firstname.lastname@example.org and one (1) printed copy of their works
- Photocopy / Scanned copy of recent IDs of the authors or copyright owner.
- Payment of filing fees only (for unfiled applications):
A copy of the final draft of specification and claim for filing at IPOPhil, request for patent/UM/ID application with necessary drawings.
- Payment of filing fees only (for filed but unpaid applications):
One (1) set complete original of the patent/UM/ID application together with the specification and claims stamped received by the IPOPhil and the Statement of Account (SOA) as proof of filing of the application with the IPOPhil. The SOA should have been issued within two weeks.
- Reimbursement of filing fees:
- Original Official Receipt (OR) from IPOPhil. within the month from the date of filing.
- A copy of the specifications/claims and drawings (when applicable) stamped received by IPOPhil.
- Copy of the other documents from IPOPhil.
Government fees and professional fees of the Patent Agent to be assigned for the possible IP filing of the TAPI approved technology until the IP Application is granted/registered in the Intellectual Property Office of the Phillipines (IPOPHL)
- Letter request addressed to Atty. Marion Ivy D. Decena, TAPI Director (format attached)
- Duly accomplished Invention Disclosure Form (attached) - please make sure that item No. 4 is well disclosed and second page is signed.
- Technical Report/Thesis (if available)
- Pictures/Drawings/Sketches of the machine/device with labels of the parts (for machines/device/apparatus); process flow/diagram (for chemical/food products/processes); screenshots of GUI, programs flowchart, encryption, safety marks used, if any (for software)
- Test Results (if available)
- Valid government issued ID of the technology owner; if IP policy/contract/agreement states that the technology owner or IPR owner is the school/agency/institute the owner , then present the ID of the head of school/agency/institute
- Electronic copy of the mark (for trademarks)
- Trademark application form (for trademarks)
Moreover, should you wish to check the status of your IP application/s in the future, you may register in the Inventors’ System for Intellectual Property Applications and Grants (iSIPAG) website (https://isipag.techtrans.gov.ph/). iSIPAG provides a system for online filing of requests for assistance (ongoing development) and monitoring services so our clients will no longer need to personally visit the office, call us up, or send an email to file requirements or inquire the statuses of the applications.
To register, just visit the iSIPAG website at https://isipag.techtrans.gov.ph/. Create an account and enter the corresponding information needed. Upon successful registration, kindly wait for a confirmation email before you can login and access iSIPAG.